Some Deer Hunting Tips (Video)

GELtaz

Thanks GELtaz! I like that you showed a few situations where the shot didn't work perfectly. Focusing on problem areas & common mistakes can really help people. My problem area is wolves and shooting them without help from a torch. They charge but they swing to the side and I'm too slow to get lined up before they have already gotten too close. Maybe my mouse sensitivity is too high or too low. I don't know. As an older person, I prefer to find an approach that doesn't rely on eye hand coordination or mouse aiming. Mouse aiming can be very erratic too. The best mouse for me is the optical mouse. I haven't mastered the Xbox controller and I wonder if that is better or worse?

7 hours ago, SteveP said:

My problem area is wolves and shooting them without help from a torch. They charge but they swing to the side and I'm too slow to get lined up before they have already gotten too close.

Use cooked meat as a bait if a wolf is trying to get you. Drop it and step back. You will have time to aim and shoot. Also, you can shoot a wolf feeding on his prey if you maintain some distance, which is considerably shorter then when he is alert.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/10/2016 at 6:26 AM, illanthropist said:

I should be proud of myself, put your tips to use and took down a deer with a clean kill one shot to the head just now!

Why I'm not? It was stuck galloping on the spot after fleeing from me into the path of a tree :P

Hihi I see illanthropist! Glad the tips helped you! Thanks for watching!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived