What's in your locket?

gavin_devaughn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dog passed away a couple of years ago. I was thinking of using a picture of him.

My dog is getting to that age especially with his dementia and diabetes. It's hard knowing the time is coming soon. This will most likely be what keeps me going as well.

On one side my son.

On the other side will be a picture of one of my Tattoos. One i designed myself, and one that i got, because every time i look at it, i remember what crap i have been through in my life and i came out the other side, with a loving Wife to be, and now i have my son living with me, and a successful online Business that nets me $200k +

The tattoo always reminds me where i have been, and where i am heading at that no matter what i do, i work at living every day, because there still is the dark days inside me . . . I use it for inspiration.

This took some thinking. I would have a small candid shot of my two little sisters with my older "brother." The other side would be a mirror for survival communication (if that's a possible function of the locket) and to check my face for frostbite. ^^

If I can't do that, I'll settle for setting my siblings. My brother, I look up to. My sisters, they look up to me and rely on my strength and example. (Though they're both beasts by their own right!)

I'm in Minnesota, I do wilderness survival classes (usually winter survival) and varying levels of bush-craft classes.

I'd be interested in taking classes like that. I'm from the MN area, but I'm currently in Peru and won't be back for another year or so.

What a small world. i was in Peru not to long ago. :-)

Hit me up when you're back.

Honestly, this feature is what made me decide to back the game. A realistic survival simulation is all well and good; but being able to carry around a picture of a loved one brings a whole new level to the idea of immersion. It creates an instant emotional connection, the kind that can't be imitated by storytelling or gameplay alone.

For me, it's especially poignant because the picture I'd use is of a friend who I've never met in real life, and yet who means the world to me. With the exception of a couple of letters, all of our communication takes place online. Being cut off from communicating with her is one of my deepest fears; in the post-technology apocalypse of The Long Dark, this would be my reality. I already keep a photograph of her in my wallet at all times, so being able to carry that photo with me in the game would hit home in ways I can't fully imagine. Lamenting the loss of our connection, reminiscing about the time we shared, clinging to the hope that she's alive and that we'll someday meet, despite all odds...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

Honestly, this feature is what made me decide to back the game. A realistic survival simulation is all well and good; but being able to carry around a picture of a loved one brings a whole new level to the idea of immersion. It creates an instant emotional connection, the kind that can't be imitated by storytelling or gameplay alone.

For me, it's especially poignant because the picture I'd use is of a friend who I've never met in real life, and yet who means the world to me. With the exception of a couple of letters, all of our communication takes place online. Being cut off from communicating with her is one of my deepest fears; in the post-technology apocalypse of The Long Dark, this would be my reality. I already keep a photograph of her in my wallet at all times, so being able to carry that photo with me in the game would hit home in ways I can't fully imagine. Lamenting the loss of our connection, reminiscing about the time we shared, clinging to the hope that she's alive and that we'll someday meet, despite all odds...

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

@David_Wroble

Wow that's an amazing idea and thought. My sister and her family lives in New Zealand, (my family lives in UK), I hadn't thought about losing contact with her. That would be very sad...

What a small world. i was in Peru not to long ago. :-)

Hit me up when you're back.

I might have to. I'm in the land of eternal spring, and I'm starting to suffer from seasonal deprivation.

And, to actually answer the question in this thread, I can't decide between something heartwarming or something completely ridiculous. Either would be spirit-lifting.

Maybe a photo of a llama or a platypus. I find them both very inspirational.

I'm pretty sure those both bite.

Archived