Multiplayer...

TigercatX

Welcome to the forums!

While I certainly do agree to the sentiment, implementing multiplayer seems next-to-impossible given how gameplay works - I'm specifically talking about time-accelerating activities such as crafting, mending, fishing and sleeping. I can't see any real workaround to this, unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 4:25 AM, RCCross said:

agree with @Wastelander, not to mention it would become another Rust, unless Hinterland had great ideas to make the players PVE and help each other to survive.

its simple. point a weapon at another player, you loose your crosshair and ability to pull the trigger so to speak. ive seen this done in many games to stop players trying to kill npcs.

that said, i dont see how the game would improve with having multiplayer. in story mode, having a companion might be nice, or having a pet in sandbox, but yeah, what would they do? part of what makes up the games feel is having to go it alone.

On 10/21/2016 at 6:27 AM, TigercatX said:

I think it can be a good idea.... lan multiplayer to play with friends and a menù to host or join in the servers...

any suggestions as to what benefits having a friend with you would be?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 7:00 PM, tha_vampyr said:

that said, i dont see how the game would improve with having multiplayer. in story mode, having a companion might be nice, or having a pet in sandbox, but yeah, what would they do? part of what makes up the games feel is having to go it alone.

Yes, that's what I've meant with "good ideas"

Archived