Radial Menu with Elite Controller

dairko83

When using the Elite controller it is extremely hard to select any of the diagonals in the menu, for example the medicine menu.

For example you have to get a point that is between around 45 and 46 degrees on the left stick to select the journal, most of the time it just skips over the diagonals to one of the horizontal or vertical selections, effectively making the game impossible to play.

It is easier with the thumb sticks taken off the controller but then I lose the ability to grip the bare thumb sticks. I have no other controller. 

Please help!

Sounds like it might be a matter of being a little more careful? Also, have you updated the controller? I don't have the elite controller to test this out but I don't understand how it would be any different than the stock xbox one controller which works just fine on the system and on PC. Perhaps adjusting the sensitivity of the controller would help too?

I do have the elite controller, and have no such issue. Perhaps double check that your stick is functional, by going to the Xbox Accessories app, configuring a new profile, and checking the behavior of both your left and right sticks in the 4 cardinal and 4 diagonal directions; I've had sticks begin to malfunction multiple times with the elite controller, that required replacements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2016 at 4:19 PM, dairko83 said:

Vegaazurewrath; your advice set me on a path. I disassembled the pad and realised the config selector switch wasn't connecting properly. I fixed it and now it works properly again. Thank you.

Just to follow up on this--thanks for being persistent and posting how it worked out for you. It helps us know what current issues might be out there. :coffee:

Archived